Effortlessly Chic: 3 Pieces to Have in Your Closet
Posted on December 12 2020
The world has become so much for "casual" and "come as you are" this year. With all the video conferencing a barrier between public presentation and personal life has been broken. In some ways, it's great for us all! In other ways, it's hard.
Figuring out how to dress in a comfortable, presentable way that still feels a bit edgy but also has room for normal life like dishes, laundry, and running the garbage outside can be a challenge.
In an answer to that I present a wardrobe recipe for "Effortlessly Chic" maybe not a unique name but my take on it will be.
You need three simple pieces:
- A graphic t or graphic sweatshirt with the logo, emblem, or slogan of your choice. Sizing is up to you--fitted, oversized--whatever you prefer
- A pleated skirt; solid color, textures, patterned, shiny, tullle--any skirt will do
- Flats; sneakers, sandals, loafer boots
With these elements mix and match in no time and seriously you will feel so pulled together and so casual and yet it will have taken you 2 minutes to figure out what to wear.
Add these three elements to your look:
- Tuck you shirt or sweatshirt in or partially in. Giving yourself a waistline is flattering!
- Mix textures--fancy fabric, casual fabric, shiny or rough. This play of textures creates visual interest and elevates your look!
- Get enough sleep. Being well rested makes every outfit look and feel more excellent
Let me know if you try this recipe and how it works for you! I'd love to see how you alter it for your style, needs, and weather conditions!
Watch my video on Effortlessly Chic dressing